Coronavirus/COVID-19: Important Information and Resources
Centers Plan for Healthy Living is monitoring the coronavirus infection closely and is following the guidance and protocols provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH). We are recommending that you follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s steps to preventing illness which can be found at here. These steps include, but are not limited to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
More information on the Coronavirus can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and New York State Department of Health websites:
You can also call New York’s direct Coronavirus hotline to speak with an expert about your questions or concerns at 1-888-364-3065.